That was never going to happen to me...
I loved this blogging lark. A place for me to be free. Share my ideas, express myself freely. Meeting all these like minded people. It was wonderful. It still is but...
I don’t really feel ive got a handle on the blogging world. I don’t understand allot of what needs to happen. It’s not just the technology side of it although I struggle with the technology more than I can explain. Even when I Google how to do something it may as well be written in Greek. I just don’t get it! How do I put a button at the bottom of my post???? Really I’ve tried, I’ve goggled it. I tried again. It’s not happening. I don’t even mean create my own button I just mean copy someone else’s and get it on the same page as my text. That is how clueless I am.
It’s more than that though; I have lots to say it just kinda gets stuck in my head. I've lost count of the amount of drafts posts I’ve been working on where someone else has put out a similar post days later and I feel ive lost the moment because I couldn’t clear my head to finish it mine.
I've got a lot on at the minute, my fibromyalgia, my fathers Parkinson’s and strokes, my sisters mental illness, a small child.
It’s acting like fog in my brain and I can’t think to write about the other stuff.
It’s stopping me enjoying my life as well. I have a list a mile long of activities I want to try with N. I feel we should be working on his shapes and numbers but its all stuck behind this fog.
The telly has been on more and I’ve been engaging less.
If it was someone else I’d be screaming DEPRESSION at them but I just don’t know.
Depression and I know each other of old and it doesn’t feel quite right.
It’s more like there is so much to do that I’m buried under it and if there really is that much to do and it isn’t perceived, is that depression that I can’t cope with it or fact?
I don’t know.
So I’ve reached that point.
Do I Stay or Do I go now,( I cant think that without singing it in my head like The Clash song )
Do I give up blogging because I’m really not giving my all and not getting very far or do I knuckle down and sort myself out?
I don’t want to give up blogging but I know I’m not making the most of it. I'm disorganised, I haven’t got all my social media linked up, and that is also a bit beyond me.
I really don’t want to give up though so I’ve come up with a plan.
At the moment the plan looks like this.
· Get a wordpress blog. I'm hearing from fellow bloggers that this is easier to run than Blogger. We shall see... I can nearly tick this off. I have set it up just not got it all ready to go live yet.
· Set up my facebook page and link it up to the wordpress blog
· Link my pinterest to the blog
· Transfer my old posts from blogger to wordpress.
· Get The PC set up and not hiding under the dining room table gathering dust!
· Print one of those blogging planners off pinterest to remind me of all the linkys and blog hop type things I miss each week.
· Increase traffic.
· Get blogging. Put my stuff out there. JUST DO THINGS RATHER THAN HIDING BEHIND THIS FOG.
· Get some sleep, medically induced or otherwise. It’s just got to happen. I am a walking Zombie.
This week is a right off on the whole as going to be super busy with the besties wedding and wedding cake but as of next week I’m on Project Blog!
Are you a blogger? Did you reach this point and if so how did you get round it?
Any tips are welcome.
Also if anyone could explain the Button thing in language fit for a two year old. I'd be grateful : )